National Australia Bank (NAB) is one of the big four banks in Australia and one of the top 50 banks in the world. It has over 12,500,000 customers worldwide and employs more than 42,000 staff across Australia and New Zealand.
Established in 1858 as National Bank of Australasia, NAB has been a multinational bank since opening their first international office in London all the way back in 1864. As a result, it offers its customers an enormous range of financial products and services including home loans, personal loans, transaction accounts, insurance and a range of personal and business banking services.
Like many other large lenders, NAB offers borrowers the ability to bundle a home loan in with other products – such as a credit card and home and contents insurance – at a reduced interest rate, as well as offering offset accounts and similar benefits on other loans.
Notably, NAB was one of the first lenders to be approved as a provider for the Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme (DHOAS), which helps to assist members of the Australian Defense Force with home loan advice and discounted rates.
In order to apply for a home loan with NAB you will need to provide this information to them:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans.
Additionally, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application, as well as copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer.
You can apply for a loan with NAB over the phone, at your local branch, or online. You can also discuss one of their products with one of our mortgage brokers by selecting the product that seems right to you on this page and continuing through.
Using a broker can help you wade through the myriad options available to you as a borrower to determine exactly which product is right for your situation, whether you're looking to purchase your first home or if you're a seasoned property investor.