Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to be made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *The Comparison rate is based on a $150,000 loan over 25 years. Warning: this comparison rate is true only for this example and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Rates correct as of .
Bendigo Bank was formed in 1858 as a building society and merged with Adelaide Bank (another bank with it's roots in helping people own their own homes) in 2007. It is Australia’s fifth largest bank and was publicly listed in 1993. It now has over 90,000 shareholders and 1.9 million customers.
The bank has headquarters in Bendigo, Victoria and over 6500 employees working at more than 600 customer service outlets throughout Australia. It offers products such as personal banking and loans, home and business loans, insurance, credit cards and financial planning services including investing, superannuation and wills and estates.
Bendigo Bank has won numerous awards and was named Business Bank of the Year from 2011-2013 in Roy Morgan’s Customer Satisfaction Awards.
The company places a special emphasis on ethical lending, and has developed their own codes of practice regarding lending as well as complying with the Code of Banking Practice, the ePayments Code, and the Code of Operation for Department of Human Services and Department of Veterans’ Affairs direct Credit Payments. In short, they're unlikely to leave you with the short end of the stick if you become one of their customers.
In addition to Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank, the companies also include a number of other brands that focus on helping their customers with specific lending tasks. These are: Sandhurst Trustees, Leveraged, Rural Bank, Delphi Bank and Alliance Bank.
Bendigo Bank operates in every Australian state and territory. They can be reached in person at your local branch, over the phone, online via a live chat or through email.
If you are interested in obtaining a mortgage with this bank, you will need to be able to provide the following information:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc. You will need at least one photographic ID and one other form of ID in most cases.
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your financial details when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- A list of your income against your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A list of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
- Details about the property you're planning to buy, such as the price of the property and how much you are looking to borrow.