Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to be made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *The Comparison rate is based on a $150,000 loan over 25 years. Warning: this comparison rate is true only for this example and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Rates correct as of .
Founded in 1902 as the Queensland Agricultural Bank, Suncorp is now a top 20 ASX-listed company with $97bn in assets and close to nine million customers across Australia and New Zealand. It is the fifth largest bank in Australia. While rooted in Brisbane, there are more than 200 Suncorp branches across the country.
One notable product offered by this lender is the Deposit KickStart option, which allows borrowers looking for an owner occupier loan to use the equity of a family member's existing home as the security for your new home. As saving up the deposit for a new property can often be a stumbling block for borrowers, especially those looking to avoid Lenders Mortgage Insurance.
As always, it's best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you've got all the necessary information ready and available before you apply.
You also have to take note of these things:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Suncorp will examine your assets and your existing debts
- You will also need to be able to prove your identity – a passport, a state ID, etc.
- You will also need information about the property you're looking to buy, if you've already found one that strikes your fancy.