|Advertised rate||Comparison rate*||Monthly repayment||Rate Type||Offset||Redraw||Ongoing Fee||Upfront Fees||LVR||Lump Sum Repayment||Additional Repayments||Pre-approval|
Advantage Package Fixed Rate Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR < 60%)
Advantage Package Fixed Rate Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR 60%-80%)
Advantage Package Fixed Rate Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR 80%-95%)
- Fast turnaround times, can meet 30-day settlement
- For purchase and refinance, min 20% deposit
- No ongoing or monthly fees, add offset for 0.10%
Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *Comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. Please note the comparison rate only applies to the examples given Rates correct as of January 27, 2022.
Founded as a building society in 1937, St.George grew out of the southern Sydney suburbs to become one of the country's most known building societies. It acquired a banking license more than fifty years later, in July of 1992, and became a full service bank in 1994.
On its way to becoming one of Australia's largest banks, St.George became part of the Westpac Group in 2008, and its banking distribution and lending businesses now operate under the name St.George Bank.
It offers its customers a wide range of home loan products, in addition to savings and transaction accounts, personal and car loans, credit cards, and business banking.
St.George was the first bank to launch SMS Alerts, doing it all the way back in 2004.
They are also committed to responsible lending, which the bank identifies according to their four common principles (these are shared with the rest of the Westpac Group):
- "We seek to lend only what our customers can afford to repay."
- "We market our products and services responsibly."
- "We support customers facing financial difficulty."
- "We help to improve our stakeholders' financial literacy and capability."
They are also intimately involved in The St.George Foundation, which provides financial assistance to charities that don't see significant government or fundraising cash flow.
You can apply for a home loan with St.George by visiting a branch in person, applying over the phone, or completing an online application – if you do decide to go the online route, you can receive indicative approval in under 10 minutes.
As always, it's best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you've got all the necessary information ready and available before you apply. You also have to take note of the following requirements:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan.
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Alongside your income, St.George examine your assets and your existing debts.
- You will also need to be able to prove your identity – a passport, a state ID, etc.
- Any information about the property you're looking to buy, if you've already found one that strikes your fancy.