Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to be made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *The Comparison rate is based on a $150,000 loan over 25 years. Warning: this comparison rate is true only for this example and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Rates correct as of .
Heritage Bank is Australia's largest customer-owned bank, helping Australians reach their financial dreams and enrich their lives since 1875. With no shareholders to please, it supports a diverse range of community events through sponsorship and makes a positive difference in its communities through a diverse range of initiatives.
The bank has a philosophy of putting people first. When some communities were abandoned by their banks in the late 90s, it stepped in with an innovative idea that put those people and their community first. It introduced true community banking by establishing a joint venture with the local community of Crows Nest in 1999. Since then, Heritage has successfully introduced community banking into a further six communities.
Heritage Bank has 23 branches in Brisbane, 8 in Gold Coast, 14 in Darling Downs, 8 in Sunshine Coast, 5 in the Wide Bay Burnett region, plus the Crows Nest and Forest Lake community branches. Aside from visiting these branches, you can also contact the bank by calling its contact centre from Monday through to Saturday or emailing the bank directly.
Heritage Bank offers a range of banking products (accounts, credit cards, international, investment), loans (home, personal, business), and insurance products. In terms of home loans, it offers a wide range of fixed and variable mortgages and charges home loan rates that tend to be below the market average. If you are looking for a home loan provider offering a touch of personal service, competitive pricing and flexible features, this bank may be the right fit for you.
To apply for a Heritage Bank home loan, you can start the application process online. But to complete it, you will need the following:
- Copies of statements for your savings accounts held with other banks over the last three months – to demonstrate your savings history
- Personal identification – at least two pieces of photo ID (such as your passport and driver’s licence) or one photo ID and your birth certificate/citizenship certificate/utilities account
- Proof of income – last two pay slips and last Taxation Assessment Notice (If you receive rental income, Centrelink or maintenance payments, you will need proof of this as well.)
- Sale of real estate – if you recently sold your home, you will need to produce a copy of the Contract of Sale
- Superannuation – if you received a super payout, keep your latest statement handy
- Details of existing loans and credit contracts such as credit cards, car loans, etc.
- Other expenses – details of expenses such as private school fees, maintenance payments, etc.
- If you are refinancing:
- Home Loan statements (last six months)
- Latest Council Rates notice
- Latest Water Rates notice