Flexi First Option Home Loan (New Customer) (LVR > 80%)
Fixed Rate Investment Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year
Flexi First Option Investment Loan (Principal and Interest) (New Customer) (LVR > 80%)
Flexi First Option Investment Loan (Interest Only) (LVR > 80%) (New Customer)
Australia’s first bank, Westpac, was established in 1817 and has grown to serve over 13 million customers. Westpac is one of Australia’s biggest banks and has won numerous awards for its home loans.
Westpac is one of Australia's Big Four – a group of the countries' largest lenders (the list consists of Westpac, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the National Australia Bank, and the Australia and New Zealand banking group) – and because of its size, Westpac has thousands of branches available across the country, and offers mortgage products that suit a wide variety of borrowers, from the savviest property investor to the first-time homebuyer.
Beyond Australia, Westpac also operates in Asia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
When it comes time to apply for a mortgage with Westpac, they are very specific about the information they're looking for when you sit down with one of their financial managers.
- Details of all ongoing monthly expenses (childcare, education, utilities, groceries, and the like)
- A detailed list of assets and liabilities, as well as other income.
- Proof of ongoing Rent or Board (lease agreements, rental ledgers, and so forth)
- Bank statement or a transaction listing covering 2 payment cycles
- Proof of savings account statements.
- A full copy of the Contract of Sale for the property you plan to purchase.
- If you are an employee (PAYG):
- 2 recent pay slips showing monthly salary (before/after tax).
- Most recent Payment Summary or Tax Return with ATO notices.
- If you are self employed:
- Last 2 years’ Business/Company Tax Returns (including balance sheet and profit and loss statement).
- Last 2 years’ Personal Tax Returns and Assessment Notices
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- If you are a new customer, you will also need to be able to prove your identity – with a passport, a drivers license, or a Medicare card.
Some other features that many Westpac mortgages include are reduced payments for up to six months for a holiday or home renovation, as well as a parental leave reduction; the ability to make extra repayments on your loan; offset accounts on some loans such as the Rocket Repay Home Loan and Rocket Investment Home Loan; and the SmartPay automatic payment program.