Citibank is a global bank and a subdivision of Citigroup, one of the largest financial institutions in the world. As a result, Citibank Australia combines the global knowledge of a worldwide financial presence with the local knowledge of what makes the Australian mortgage market tick.
The first foreign bank to be granted a full banking license in Australia, Citibank has been here in full since 1985, but the company's history in Australia stretches much further back than that, having first applied to open a branch in 1916 – they later opened a representative office in 1926, nearly 100 years ago.
It offers a full range of financial services products, including transaction accounts to home loans, personal loans, and credit cards.
As you might expect from such an established institution, Citibank has a wide variety of home loan products available to interested borrowers.
You can apply for a Citibank Loan online, and you will need to be able to provide the following information:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your financial details when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- A list of your income against your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A list of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
- Details about the property you're planning to buy, such as the price of the property and how much you are looking to borrow.