Aussie, founded as Aussie Home Loans in 1992, is both a lender and a mortgage broker and offers a range of services. It has over 200 retail stores and 1,000 mobile and retail brokers throughout Australia. Aussie’s been working on home loans for over 25 years now – finding innovative ways to give Australians the right deal on one of life’s most important purchases.
Aussie is recognised as an industry-leading brokerage, winning several industry awards including the Australian Banking & Finance Magazine’s ‘Mortgage Broker of the Year’ award eight consecutive times. In addition, it won ‘The Adviser’s Top Brokerage’ award six years in a row between 2013 and 2018, as well as the Australian Broking Award’s ‘Major Brokerage of the Year – Franchise’ four years in a row between 2014 and 2017.
In order to apply for a home loan with Aussie you will need to provide this information to them:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
Additionally, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application, as well as copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer, if applicable.
You can apply for a loan with Aussie over the phone, at your local branch, or online. Because Aussie is a broker as well as a lender, Aussie negotiates home loans with other lenders on their customers' behalf as well as offering their own mortgage products.
You can also discuss one of their products with one of their mortgage brokers by selecting the product that seems right to you on this page and continuing through.
Using a broker can help you wade through the myriad options available to you as a borrower to determine exactly which product is right for your situation, whether you're looking to purchase your first home or if you're a seasoned property investor.