Aussie, founded as Aussie Home Loans in 1992, is both a lender and a mortgage broker and offers a range of services. It has over 200 retail stores and 1,000 mobile and retail brokers throughout Australia. Aussie’s been working on home loans for over 25 years now – finding innovative ways to give Australians the right deal on one of life’s most important purchases.
Aussie is recognised as an industry-leading brokerage, winning several industry awards including the Australian Banking & Finance Magazine’s ‘Mortgage Broker of the Year’ award eight consecutive times. In addition, it won ‘The Adviser’s Top Brokerage’ award six years in a row between 2013 and 2018, as well as the Australian Broking Award’s ‘Major Brokerage of the Year – Franchise’ four years in a row between 2014 and 2017.
In order to apply for a home loan with Aussie, you will need to provide this information to them:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, payslips, and other financial details.
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
Additionally, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application, as well as copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer, if applicable.
You can apply for a loan with Aussie over the phone, at your local branch, or online. Because Aussie is a broker as well as a lender, Aussie negotiates home loans with other lenders on their customers' behalf as well as offering their own mortgage products.
You can also discuss one of their products with one of their mortgage brokers by selecting the product that seems right to you on this page and continuing through.
Using a broker can help you wade through the myriad options available to you as a borrower to determine which product is right for your situation, whether you're looking to purchase your first home or if you're a seasoned property investor.
*Credit services for Aussie Select, Aussie Activate and Aussie Elevate products are provided by AHL Investments Pty Ltd ACN 105 265 861 (“Aussie”) and its appointed credit representatives, Australian Credit Licence 246786. © 2021 Aussie. Credit for Aussie Select products is provided by Residential Mortgage Group Pty Ltd ACN 152 378 133, Australian Credit Licence 414133 (“RMG”). RMG is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 234945. Credit for Aussie Activate products is provided by Pepper Finance Corporation Limited ACN 094 317 647 (“Pepper”). Pepper Group Pty Limited ACN 094 317 665, Australian Credit Licence 286655 acts on behalf of Pepper. Credit and any applicable offset accounts are issued by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited ABN 11 068 049 178 AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 237879.