AMP Bank is a financial services company that was formed in 1849 as the Australian Mutual Provident Society.
AMP was made public in 1998, and while it is one of the larger lenders in Australia and employs more than 5,400 staff, it is not considered one of the big four.
The company also includes AMP Capital, one of the largest investment managers in Asia Pacific with operations throughout the world. The bank has a head office in Sydney and provides a number of services, such as financial planning and banking products as well as investment advice through AMP Capital.
Like many other large lenders, AMP offers borrowers the ability to bundle a home loan in with other products – such as a credit card and home and contents insurance – at a reduced interest rate, as well as offering offset accounts and similar benefits on other loans.
Unlike some other banks, AMP has been forthright with assessing what happened regarding the Royal Commission and their role in it. You can find their entire response here, but the fact that they have faced the issue on has been commendable.
In order to apply for a home loan with AMP you will need to provide this information to them:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- Your Tax File Number (TFN)
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your financial details when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
- Details about the property you're planning to buy, such as the price of the property and how much you are looking to borrow.
You can apply for a loan with AMP over the phone, at your local branch, or online. You can also discuss one of their products with one of our mortgage brokers by selecting the product that seems right to you on this page and continuing through.
Using a broker can help you wade through the myriad options available to you as a borrower to determine exactly which product is right for your situation, whether you're looking to purchase your first home or if you're a seasoned property investor.