|Advertised rate||Comparison rate*||Monthly repayment||Rate Type||Offset||Redraw||Ongoing Fee||Upfront Fees||LVR||Lump Sum Repayment||Additional Repayments||Pre-approval|
Complete Fixed Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR < 80%)
Complete Variable Home Loan (Principal and Interest) ($200k+, LVR < 80%)
Complete Fixed Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR < 80%)
Fixed Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR < 80%)
Complete Fixed Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR 80%-90%)
Complete Fixed Investment Loan (Principal and Interest) 2 Years
- Fast turnaround times, can meet 30-day settlement
- For purchase and refinance, min 20% deposit
- No ongoing or monthly fees, add offset for 0.10%
Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *Comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. Please note the comparison rate only applies to the examples given Rates correct as of January 27, 2022.
Bankwest is an Australian bank that was formed in 1895 as the Agricultural Bank of Western Australia, set up by the WA government to work for the state's farmers. It became a savings bank in 1956, and joined the Commonwealth Bank Group in 2008.
Bankwest is based in Perth and has branches throughout Australia. They offer products and services that include personal and home loans, banking accounts, credit cards and insurance. Customers can make an appointment with a home loan specialist or visit a Bankwest branch for advice on personal banking and loans.
Alternatively, you can apply for a mortgage online using Bankwest's paperless home loan application. The bank offers flexible repayments (weekly, fortnightly or monthly), but it's important to note that the maximum term on a home loan is 30 years. Although Bankwest does have offices throughout Australia, they are most commonly found in and around Perth.
The bank has won a number of awards, such as Smart Investor’s Bank of the Year in 2013 and 2014, as well as Bank of the Year from 2010-2012.
To apply for a home loan with Bankwest, you can contact the bank in person at a local branch, over the phone, or online. You can also use a mortgage broker to help streamline the process and decide which product is the best one for you.
As always, it's best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you've got all the necessary information ready and available before you apply.
Here are some important things to know before applying for a loan:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
Additionally, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application, as well as copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer.
You may want to consider going through a mortgage broker to help you consider all of the options and find the best home loan for you.