ME Bank (Members Equity Bank) is a national bank which was founded in 1994 with the vision to help everyday Australians fulfil their dreams of having their own home. ME was created by a group of industry super funds. As such, all profits are distributed back to the 26 super funds that own the bank.
ME has won numerous awards, including Money magazine’s prestigious 2018 Money Minder of the Year award. ME supports a wide range of progressive causes in Australia, from marriage equality and paperless statements to a refusal to invest in fossil fuels. If you like your lender to be conscientious and forward-thinking, ME may be the bank for you.
ME is an online-only bank with access to a network of mobile bankers instead of branches.
ME Bank offers its customers a wide range of award-winning home loans, bank and transaction accounts, credit cards and business banking products. In terms of home loans, it provides owner-occupier mortgages, investor mortgages, refinancing loans and high-LVR loans.
To apply for a home loan with ME Bank, you will need to go online or reach out to one of its mobile bankers through its customer contact centre.
As always, it is best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you have all the necessary information ready and available before you apply. Here are some important things to know before applying for a loan:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply
- Alongside your income, ME Bank will want to examine your assets and debts
Once you have decided a home loan with ME Bank is right for you, you will need to fill out and submit an application form. Some of the details you may be asked to provide include:
- Personal details including email address, residential status and driver’s licence number
- Employment details including employer’s name and address, or if self-employed, you will need to provide the business name and ABN
- Salaried employee: PAYG summary, tax return, notice of assessment, payslips and other income, i.e. bank and other statements
- Self-employed: Financial statements, business and personal tax returns, tax assessment notice and other income
- Loan Purpose
- Property purchase: Evidence of deposit, contract of sale and vendors statement
- Construction: Evidence of deposit and building contracts
- Refinancing/consolidating debt: Loan statements and credit card statements