|Advertised rate||Comparison rate*||Monthly repayment||Rate Type||Offset||Redraw||Ongoing Fee||Upfront Fees||LVR||Lump Sum Repayment||Additional Repayments||Pre-approval|
Fixed Rate Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year
Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *Comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. Please note the comparison rate only applies to the examples given Rates correct as of January 25, 2022.
Newcastle Permanent Building Society a modern building society with more than 117 years of experience. Employing nearly 1,000 people and with almost $11 billion in total assets (according to its 2019 annual report) and more than 325,000 customers, it is the second largest customer-owned banking institution in Australia and financially one of the strongest.
From its name, the building society is headquartered in Newcastle and has over 50 branches across NSW.
Newcastle Permanent’s range of home loans offers exceptional value. Whether you want a variable or fixed rate home loan, a credit facility or the freedom to split your loan, it has a home loan to suit you.
There are plenty of documents you will need to prepare before applying for a home loan with Newcastle Permanent. Take a look at this helpful home loan application checklist to get started:
- Identification such as an Australian passport, driver’s licence, or any photo ID card
- Income details – recent payslip and group certificate/PAYG summary or, if self-employed, last two financial years’ financial statements and tax returns, full monthly rental statement, letter from Centrelink
- Evidence of deposit funds – including last six months’ savings account statements, receipt for deposit paid to a real estate agent or builder, FHOG application form
- Details of liabilities – e.g. most recent statements of all loans and credit cards
- Details of property – copy of contact if purchasing or copy of land rates notice and copy of Builders Tender if constructing
- Last six months of loan statements and latest statement for credit card(s) – if you opt to refinance your loan
Newcastle Permanent provides multiple ways of applying for a home loan. This includes calling the bank, filling in an online enquiry form or visiting a branch. You don’t have to live in Newcastle to be able to sign up for a home loan, but you must be prepared to do your banking entirely online or over the phone.