|Advertised rate||Comparison rate*||Monthly repayment||Rate Type||Offset||Redraw||Ongoing Fee||Upfront Fees||LVR||Lump Sum Repayment||Additional Repayments||Pre-approval|
Premium Choice Home Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR < 90%)
Premium Choice Home Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 3 Years (LVR < 90%)
Premium Choice Investment Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR < 90%)
Premium Choice Home Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR 90%-95%)
Premium Choice Investment Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 3 Years (LVR < 90%)
Premium Choice Home Loan Fixed (Principal and Interest) 3 Years (LVR 90%-95%)
- Fast turnaround times, can meet 30-day settlement
- For purchase and refinance, min 20% deposit
- No ongoing or monthly fees, add offset for 0.10%
Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *Comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. Please note the comparison rate only applies to the examples given Rates correct as of January 25, 2022.
The Capricornian is a credit union which is 100% owned by its members and is the only local customer-owned financial institution in Central Queensland. It has evolved from a small parish credit union established in a suburb of Rockhampton in 1959 into a full service financial institution. The credit union meets the same regulatory standards as banks, but unlike banks, its profits are reinvested into offering customers a full range of flexible and competitive financial products and services.
The Capricornian has six conveniently located branches: East Street and Stockland (both in Rockhampton), Yeppoon, Gladstone, Miriam Vale, and Emerald. Locals who believe in fairer banking for their community and understand what it is like to pay bills, own a home or investment property, raise children, save for holidays and plan for retirement are the ones running these branches.
The Capricornian offers a wide range of products including banking accounts, home loans, personal loans, business loans, and insurance products. Its home loan products include introductory rate home loan, introductory rate investment loan, premium choice home loan, premium choice investment loan, and lifestyle home loan.
As a credit union, it is The Capricornian’s mission to provide trusted, sustainable and fairer financial services to its members and communities. It offers highly competitive loan rates, attractive savings rates and lower fees compared to many other financial institutions. It has the following key promises:
- “We will respect the right of confidentiality of members.”
- “We will be consistent in all our dealings with members and keep our promises.”
- “We will treat all members with honesty and integrity.”
- “We will strive to improve our services through productivity gains.”
- “We will endeavour to provide quality service in all our dealings with members.”
- “We will act in the best interest of all members and be responsive to their needs.”
Because The Capricornian is a member-owned financial institution, you will need to become a member before you can apply for a home loan. And to become a member, you must be an Australian resident and obtain a member share of $10.
If you are new to The Capricornian, you will need to provide the following:
- Your Australian driver's licence details
- Your passport details
When it comes to your home loan, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your employment, income and living expense details
- Your asset details including land, house, contents, vehicles, savings, shares and super
- Any amount you owe on loans, overdrafts, credit/store cards (including limits and repayments)