Fixed Rate Home Loan 3 Years (QLD only)
- Immediate cashback upon settlement
- $2000 for loans up to $700,000
- $4000 for loans over $700,000
QBANK started in 1964 as the Queensland Police Credit Union (QPCU) to service the economic and social needs of officers in the police force.
In the years that followed, it opened membership to other government sectors which included firefighters, ambulance officers, SES personnel, and public sector staff. In 2016, it commenced trading as a member-owned bank under the name QBANK.
As a member-owned bank, QBANK’s profits go back to members in the form of award-winning products, low rates and low fees. Its credit criteria are tailored around its unique community, those who serve and protect Queensland. The bank takes into account overtime, shift penalties and 100% allowances for those in essential services.
QBANK has three branch locations: Brisbane (its headquarters), Kedron (access limited to Emergency Services staff), and Oxley (access limited to QPS staff and recruits). Aside from visiting these branches, members can also call the service centre five days a week for personal service.
QBANK offers the following products: various types of accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans, and insurance products. When it comes to home loans, it has classic, classic plus and fixed rate options.
The bank is committed to making sure that those who serve Queensland bravely (whom it calls ‘everyday heroes’) can own their homes as simply and quickly as possible. It also supports these people in many other ways including contributing every year to various community partnerships and charitable organisations, as well as holding the Everyday Heroes Awards.
To be able to apply for a home loan with QBANK, the first step is to become a member, which you can do if you are a Queensland resident and a current or former:
- Police Service employee (QLD or Federal)
- Police Union employee
- Police Credit Union employee
- Police Youth Club employee
- Member of a credit union affiliated with the Federation of Police Mutuals
- Local, state or federal government employee
- Fire and Emergency Services employee
- Rural Fire Service volunteer
- Ambulance Service employee
- Corrective Services employee
- Taxi driver
- SES volunteer
- St. John Ambulance officer
- Surf Lifesaver
You are also eligible if someone in your family belongs to the professions above.
When you go to apply for a home loan, make sure you have:
- Details and proof of your employment – including recent payslips
- Your financial details – including assets, debts and expenses
- Photo ID