|Advertised rate||Comparison rate*||Monthly repayment||Rate Type||Offset||Redraw||Ongoing Fee||Upfront Fees||LVR||Lump Sum Repayment||Additional Repayments||Pre-approval|
Package Fixed Rate Home Loan (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR 80%-90%)
Fixed Rate Investment Loan (Principal and Interest) 2 Years (LVR < 80%)
Fixed Rate Investment Loan (Principal and Interest) 1 Year (LVR < 80%)
Package Fixed Rate Investment Loan (Interest Only) 1 Year
Fixed Rate Home Loan (Interest Only) 1 Year (LVR < 80%)
Fixed Rate Home Loan (Interest Only) 1 Year (LVR 80%-90%)
- Fast turnaround times, can meet 30-day settlement
- For purchase and refinance, min 20% deposit
- No ongoing or monthly fees, add offset for 0.10%
Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *Comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. Please note the comparison rate only applies to the examples given Rates correct as of January 17, 2022.
With more than 47 million global customers and offices in over 70 countries, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banks. Since 1965, it has been providing Australians with access to a large range of financial products and services like home loans, retail and commercial banking, financial planning, trade finance, payments and cash management.
Across Australia, its services its customers through a national branch network offering the support you’d expect from a big bank – a 24 hour contact centre, online banking and live chat, being able to contact them by email or phone, and so on. You can also bundle your home loan with other products to get discounted rates, which can be good because not all of their products and rates are competitive on their own.
HSBC home loans have won numerous awards and offer their customers value for money mortgages and a range of complementary financial products and services.
In order to apply for a home loan with HSBC you will need to be able to provide the following information:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your financial details when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- You’ll need to agree to a credit check.
- A list of your income against your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A list of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
- Details about the property you're planning to buy, such as the price of the property and how much you are looking to borrow.
Additionally, anyone looking to refinance will need to provide statements the last six months of their existing loans, and anyone looking for a construction loan will have to provide proof of sale, council approved plans, and building quotes.