FlexiDiscount Home Loan Fixed 1 Year (LVR 90%-95%)
FlexiDiscount Home Loan (LVR 80%-90%)
FlexiDiscount Home Loan (LVR 90%-95%)
FlexiChoice Investment Loan (LVR 80%-90%)
FlexiChoice Investment Loan Fixed 1 Year (LVR 80%-90%)
Bank of us is one of the oldest financial institutions in Australia, and the only customer owned bank in Tasmania. This local-centric m.o. helps explain why they have attracted more than 35,000 clients throughout Tasmania.
Launched in 1870 as a building society with the mission to help local people to own their own homes – there was no public housing available in Tasmania at the time – and to "encourage thrift in a town where there were more pubs than churches.", they have evolved over time to also offer business and personal banking solutions. Not only that, but the Bank of us offers several low deposit loans, as well as long loan terms, which can stretch to up to 45 years.
Because they are so locally focused, these products are only available in Tasmania. That said, their customer service centre is available to be contacted through email and phone. You can also visit their branches in person or avail yourself of their 24-hour online banking or their mobile app.
You might also know them as B&E Personal Banking, as this was their name until October 2017. The name change, according to their website, was to underline the fact that the institution "isn’t ‘Bank of you’ or [the] 'Bank of me’, it’s Bank of us. The ‘us’ implies being part of something bigger. "
To apply for a home loan, interested borrowers can get in touch with the customer service centre, enquire in person at one of their branches, or apply online.
If you are interested in obtaining a mortgage with Bank of us, you will need to be able to provide the following information:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Identification: Enough to pass the 100 point check, which can include your passport, birth certificate, etc. You will need at least one photographic ID and one other form of ID in most cases.
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your financial details when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- A list of your income against your expenses, which will show the lender a more complete view of your current financial situation as far as incoming and outgoing cash flow is concerned.
- A list of assets and debts - assets include things like existing properties and investments as well as savings, while debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
- Details about the property you're planning to buy, such as the price of the property and how much you are looking to borrow.