Base criteria of: a $400,000 loan amount, variable, fixed, principal and interest (P&I) home loans with an LVR (loan-to-value) ratio of at least 80%. However, the ‘Compare Home Loans’ table allows for calculations to be made on variables as selected and input by the user. All products will list the LVR with the product and rate which are clearly published on the Product Provider’s web site. Monthly repayments, once the base criteria are altered by the user, will be based on the selected products’ advertised rates and determined by the loan amount, repayment type, loan term and LVR as input by the user/you. *The Comparison rate is based on a $150,000 loan over 25 years. Warning: this comparison rate is true only for this example and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Rates correct as of .
Aussie is both a lender and a mortgage broker and offers a range of services. Founded in 1992, Aussie has over 200 stores and a growing network of 1,000 brokers. For nearly 30 years, Aussie boasts adapting and reinventing itself to stay in touch with the market and needs of consumers.
Aussie has won several industry awards, including but not limited to the Australian Banking & Finance Magazine’s ‘Mortgage Broker of the Year’ award eight consecutive years in a row. It also won ‘The Adviser’s Top Brokerage’ award six years in a row, and the Australian Broking Award’s ‘Major Brokerage of the Year – Franchise’ four years in a row.
To apply for a home loan with Aussie, you will need to provide this information to them:
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan.
- Provide evidence of your income when you apply - make sure you hang on to your tax returns, payslips, and other financial details.
- 100 points of ID to prove your identity; this can include your passport, birth certificate, etc.
- A listing of your income versus your expenses; this can show the lender a complete view of your current financial situation.
- A listing of assets and debts - assets include existing properties and investments as well as savings; debts are any open lines of credit or other loans, etc.
If applicable, you may need to provide a copy of your First Home Owner’s Grant application along with copies of the contract of sale and the land transfer.
You can apply for a home loan with Aussie over the phone, at your local branch, or online. Since Aussie is also a broker, it negotiates home loans with other lenders on their customers' behalf.