Since 1995, RAMS has been providing Australians with access to a wide range of easy to understand yet affordable home loan solutions.
Over the years, it has expanded its service offering to include transaction and savings accounts, as well as insurance products. It has a nationwide network of over 90 Home Loan Centres, in addition to a growing network of mobile lenders.
RAMS has won numerous awards, including winning Best First Home Buyer Lender at the Australian Lending Awards, a spot on BRW’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2014, and accolades for their self-employed Lending programs.
Based in Sydney, RAMS is part of the Westpac Banking Corporation. They may also be the only lender with a full page biography of their mascot, Raymond A Ram. It's certainly the most pun-filled page on a lender's website that we've ever seen.
To apply for a home loan with RAMS Bank, you will need to go online or reach out to one of their mobile bankers through their customer contact centre.
As always, it's best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you've got all the necessary information ready and available before you apply.
Here are some important things to know before applying for a loan:
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Alongside your income, RAMS will want to examine your assets and your debts
- You will also need to be able to prove your identity – a passport, a state ID, etc.
- Any information about the property you're looking to buy, if you've already found one that strikes your fancy.