P&N Bank is Western Australia’s largest, locally owned and managed bank. It was established in 1969 as the WA Police Union Cooperative Credit Union Society Ltd, became Police & Nurses Credit Society in 1990, and finally became P&N Bank in 2013. Operating under a customer-owned or mutual model, it is a bank for everyone – its members come from all walks of life. In fact, its very purpose is to enrich the lives of its members and their communities.
P&N Bank provides a genuine banking alternative for people who value competitive and convenient retail banking products, outstanding customer service and a community spirit that works to provide a helping hand to those in need. Its team strives to create exceptional member experiences for its existing members while educating more people about the benefits of customer-owned banking.
The bank has won numerous awards, including Best Bank in the 2014 Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards and Best Mutual Lender in the 2017 ABF Lending Awards.
P&N Bank has its head office in Perth and has other branches throughout WA: Ocean Keys, Whitfords, Joondalup, Innaloo, Warwick, Belmont, Morley, Midland, Maddington, Success, Rockingham, Mandurah, and Bunbury. Aside from these, you can access the bank’s contact centre that works WA business hours Monday to Saturday.
The bank provides a number of financial products, such as personal and home loans, everyday and savings accounts, term deposits, credit cards and insurance. It also offers financial planning and international money transfer services.
When you apply for a home loan with P&N Bank, here are some of the things you will need to have with you:
- Photograph ID – such as a driver’s licence or passport
- Proof of a regular income – such as your two most recent payslips or group certificates
- Proof of any other sources of income – including pensions, rental income or family allowances
- Details on any debts or credits you have
- Details about any assets, savings and life insurance policies you may have
- A copy of the signed “offer and acceptance” for the property you are buying
- For refinancers: Past home loan statements and a current payout quote for the loan you wish to refinance
P&N Bank provides multiple ways of applying for a home loan. These include booking an appointment with a staff member or mobile lender via the P&N website or by phone, email and online. You can also make enquiries about home loan products via the P&N website.