With its origins dating back to 1949, People’s Choice Credit Union has grown significantly to become a trusted financial services provider and a leader in the credit union industry. As one of Australia’s largest credit unions, it has 360,000 members across the country, more than 1,000 employees, and $10 billion funds under its management and advice.
Being the product of the merger of Australian Central and Savings & Loans in December 2009, People’s Choice offers a genuine alternative to the major banks. As it is a member-owned credit union, its customers get a say on how it is run.
People’s Choice Credit Union has branches in the Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, South Australia, Victoria, and Western Australia. Members can access their accounts and funds via ATMs, mobile banking and payment apps, internet banking and telephone banking facilities, as well as Bank@Post.
People’s Choice Credit Union meets the same regulatory standards as banks and provides a wide range of financial products and services, including home loans, business accounts, and savings and investment products as well as financial advice.
Aside from offering these products and services, People’s Choice takes great pride in supporting the economic and social wellbeing of its members and the community through the following:
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships with the Cancer Council SA and HeartKids
- The People’s Choice Community Lottery
- Employee fundraising and volunteering, with more than $62,500 raised and 2,360 hours volunteered by hundreds of staff in 2015/16
- Sponsorship of major community events, including the Credit Union Christmas Pageant, the People’s Choice Classic as part of the Santos Tour Down Under, and the People’s Choice BASSINTHEGRASS
To apply for a People's Choice Credit Union home loan, you need to become a member first. To become a member, you need to complete a membership application by visiting one of the credit union's branches, calling its national contact centre or visiting a Bank@Post outlet. Membership is open to any Australian resident and is gained by buying a $2 share.
For your loan application, you will need to provide the following:
- Personal details for each applicant (if necessary)
- Contact details including a valid email address
- Proof of salary (ie payslips) and evidence of other income including government payments and rental income
- Statements of any liabilities including credit cards or other existing loans
- A copy of your council rates notice
- A copy of your driver's licence or passport
- Home loan statements (if you are refinancing)