People's Choice Credit Union has grown significantly since its 1949 establishment to become one of Australia's most trusted financial services providers. It is one of Australia's largest credit unions with 375,000 members across the country, about 1,000 employees, and more than $10.7 billion funds under management and advice.
As a member-owned credit union, customers of People's Choice get a say in how it is run, offering a genuine alterative to the major banks.
People's Choice Credit Union has branches in Victoria, South Australia, the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory and Western Australia. Members can access their accounts and funds via internet banking, mobile banking and payment apps, their National Contact Centre, [email protected] and ATMs.
It is a full service financial institution offering a wide range of financial products and services - including home loans, business accounts, savings and investment products and financial advice - with the same government protections as the broader banking sector.
People's Choice is proud of its connection with its members and their communities. It makes a difference with its commitment to:
- The People's Choice Community Lottery, which has contributed more than $20 million to community groups across the country since 1984
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships with the Cancer Council SA and HeartKids SA/NT
- Partnerships with major community events and groups including the People's Choice BASSINTHEGRASS, the Western Bulldogs and the Adelaide Strikers.
To apply for a People's Choice Credit Union home loan, you need to become a member first by visiting a branch, calling its National Contact Centre on 13 11 82, or by visiting a [email protected] outlet. Membership is open to any Australian resident and is gained by buying a $2 share.
For your loan application, you will need to provide the following:
- Personal details for each applicant (if necessary)
- Contact details including a valid email address
- Proof of salary (ie payslips) and evidence of other income including government payments and rental income
- Statements of any liabilities including credit cards or other existing loans
- A copy of your council rates notice
- A copy of your driver's licence or passport
- Home loan statements (if you are refinancing)