MOVE – People Driven Banking is a member-owned credit union that was formed in 1968 as the Railways Credit Union. It was renamed MOVE Bank in 2016 to reflect its commitment to serving the broader transport and logistics industry at a national level. Currently, the bank serves the financial needs of almost 22,000 members, with more than $600 million in assets under management.
MOVE Bank is based in Brisbane. You can visit this central branch if you are looking to meet in person with a MOVE staff member. You can also contact the bank via a general customer phone line, as well as a dedicated line for regional customers in central and northern Queensland, by email, online, or through its website.
The bank strives to be committed and empathetic, highly skilled and knowledgeable, exceptional with its personal service, and flexible and competitive with its product range. It is committed to ensuring its products provide you with the features you want at a rate that puts more money back in your pocket. Recognitions from industry ratings websites and publications are a testament to this commitment.
MOVE Bank provides financial products, including home and personal loans, savings accounts, term deposits and insurance to members. It also offers an online financial education program, which gives members advice on investments and financial planning. In terms of home loans – whether you are buying your first home, upgrading, or funding an investment property – the bank has a product that is right for you.
Why should you choose MOVE Bank for your home loan? The bank offers automatic repayment option through payroll deduction, no penalties for extra repayments, quick and easy redraw option, competitive interest rates, assistance with loan repayment, home and contents, and landlord’s insurance, as well as an answer within 24 hours given that you have submitted all of the required documentation (see below).
To apply for a MOVE Bank home loan, you will need to provide the following:
- Personal details for each applicant (if necessary)
- Contact details including a valid email address
- Proof of salary (ie payslips) and evidence of other income (including government payments and rental income)
- Statements of any liabilities including credit cards or other existing loans
- A copy of your council rates notice
- A copy of your driver's licence or passport
- If you are refinancing: home loan statements for the past six months and a current payout quote for the loan you wish to refinance