La Trobe Financial is a leading credit specialist fund manager that offers home loans as well as wealth management and insurance solutions.
This lender has been operational since 1952 and has physical locations in Melbourne, Traralgon, Sydeny and Shanghai. They believe that "property and home ownership are the most important part of wealth creation and financial independence," and strive to serve borrowers who may not be able to be covered by traditional banks, which often rely on automated lending checks that can penalise borrowers for "minor (but often paid) impairments in credit criteria, alternate modes of income verification, minor default history due to missed bills, being a recent arrival into Australia, or being older than usual accepted age."
One unique aspect to La Trobe's approach to lending is that they do not credit score borrwers, which can be a relief for new arrivals or those with minor blemishes on their credit history.
The company does not have physical branches, and borrowers have to complete a mortgage application by scheduling a phone call with La Trobe.
La Trobe Financial lends money from its mortgage fund or company balance sheets, and its mortgage fund is the largest fund of its kind in Australia.
As always, it's best to be prepared before you apply for a mortgage, so double-check that you've got all the necessary information ready and available before you give them a call.
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age to apply for a home loan
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of your income when you apply, so make sure you hang on to your tax returns, pay slips, and other financial details.
- Alongside your income, La Trobe will want to examine your assets and your debts
- You will also need to be able to prove your identity – a passport, a state ID, etc.
- Any information about the property you're looking to buy, if you've already found one that strikes your fancy.